Greg Adams is the driving force behind East Bay Soul. The expansive ensemble is a blend of Funk Jazz, R&B and Soul. East Bay Soul with a most soulful ensemble creates a union that has been nothing short of musical wizardry. Their extraordinary combined talents all bring incredible energy to the music with heart and soul. East Bay Soul is dedicated to a singular vision of bringing their brand of funk and the magic of their live performance into every note they play.
“The best part” says Adams, “was putting the band together and building a sound unique to our style and creating a group that was more like brothers. We have the perfect person in Darryl Walker for lead vocals and the horn section breathes as one. Herman Matthews drives the bus and the rhythm section is just so tight, they can play it all! These are some of the best musicians that I have ever worked with!”
The combined musical pedigree of East Bay Soul reads like a who’s who’s in pop culture. Pick up a record, album or CD from any genre of music; R&B, soul, rock or contemporary jazz, one or several of the East Bay Soul members is most likely on it!
With the benefit of vision, musical “know how” and the insight that comes through genuine affection, respect and friendship and you have a recipe for making memories and some primetime music history.
- Greg Adams: Trumpet, Flugelhorn, and Background Vocals
- Darryl Walker: Lead Vocals, Tenor Sax,
- Micheal Stever: Trumpet, Fugelhorn
- Johnnie Bamont: Alto, Tenor And Baritone Saxes, Flute, and Background vocals
- Ed Wynne: Alto, Tenor Sax, Flute and Background Vocals,
- Nick Milo: Keys and Background vocals
- Kay-Ta Matsuno: Guitar
- Del Atkins: Bass
- Herman Matthews: Drums, and Background Vocals